OM405
Feltham Double Deck Tram

The Feltham tram was so named because they were manufactured by the Union Construction Company in the town of the same name just West of London. 100 Feltham Trams were built in total, 54 for Metropolitan Electric Tramways and 46 for London United Tramways, these started to enter service in 1931.
All the trams passed to the London Passenger Transport Board upon it's formation in 1933 and were allocated fleet numbers 2066-2165, the last examples were withdrawn from London services in 1951.

Most of the Feltham trams were sold for further service outside London between 1949 and 1951, a batch of 90 passing to Leeds City Transport where they were numbered 501-590 and remained in service until the closure of the Leeds system in 1959.
One of the three prototype Felthams built for Metropolitan eventually passed to Sunderland Corporation Transport in 1937, after the closure of the network it passed into the ownership of the National Tramway Museum at Crich, it's now been restored to it's original London Metropolitan condition.

The model was launched in January 2002 and comes in two main versions, either with doors position centrally or a front entrance and rear exit layout. There is also a choice of two bogie styles and three different types of trolley pick ups, pole, bow or pantograph. Even more variation comes in the way of four different guard rail styles.
The models come packaged in special presentation boxes that include a moulded plastic display plinth.

Click the catalogue number to view the related model details & larger pictures.
Cat No. Pick Up Operator Fleet No. Destination